Today, I spent the day at a customer event for Box.
I use Box for our business as a key document repository and collaboration platform so it was interesting to see the where the business was going.
Here are the numbers:
- 15% of their revenue is outside of the US but they are looking to expand this rapidly
- 45 people in Central London and planning to get to 100 in Europe this year
- 150,000+ Businesses are currently customers
- 15+ million users
- 92% of the Fortune 500 use Box in some capacity
- 17,000+ developers building things on top of Box driving 500+ million API calls per month
Really plenty of growth in plenty of directions.
Unsurprisingly, the drivers were identified as social, cloud, and mobile but really with mobile leading the charge.
But, perhaps the most impressive number was the 50,000-seat global transaction they announced with Schneider Electric.
Like this number as a bell weather for the cloud market in general. Box is a global cloud company but only has US data centres today so its interesting to see them get traction at that end of the enterprise market and on that scale.